We have posted about Download iOS 8.4 beta for developers, but in this post we will show how to download and install iOS 8.4 beta 1 and beta 2 without UDID (or Dev account). It will work on any iPhone, iPad or iPod, you will only need to have an computer and Internet access. After installing it, you will be able to test all the features of the new iOS 8.x version such as the New iOS 8.4 Music App.
We also wrote about what should you do if you want to keep you device jailbroken (wait for a iOS 8.4 jailbreak release). So, if you don’t want a jailbroken device and you want to try all new iOS 8.4 features, go ahead and install iOS 8.4 beta, we are so excited with the new iOS version. Just make sure you make a backup using iTunes or a similar tool (just in case).
Download and install iOS 8.4 beta without UDID (or Developer account)
- Step 1: Open your browser in your PC and go to: https://www.atfdl.com/
- Step 2: Go to “Download iOS Beta blue button” (see the image)
- Step 3: Select you device (iPhone 4, 5 or 6, iPad 2,3,4, Air and Mini, and the version version):
- Step 4: If you device has more than one model, check in the back of your device to get the correct model. For example for iPhone 5s, you have 6 models: A1453, A1533, A1457, A1518, A1528 and A1530, so this is important you make sure you select the corresponding model. Important: just ignore the message you see at the middle, this method is totally free.
- Step 5: Save the file in your Computer (the files can start downloading directly or you need to go to file-servers as “weshare” to get the file)
- Step 6: Extract the zip file and save the .ipsw file (the lego icon)
- Step 7: Make sure your iPhone or iPad is connected to your Computer
- Step 8 : Open iTunes and Click on the icon device (check the image bellow)
- Step 9: Click “Check For Update” tab (press Shift + Left Mouse if you are on Windows; Options Key + Left Mouse Click)
- Step 10: When the input file windows prompts, select the .ipsw file (of the step 6), the iOS 8.4 beta 1 .ipsw file
- Step 11: Click on “Update” when you get the window informing you that iTunes will update your device for iOS 8.4
- Step 12: Your iDevice will reboot automatically (don’t unplug from usb)
- Step 13: When your device comes alive again, go to: Settings to confirm your new version.
Update: it will also work with iOS 8.4 beta 2.