Download DiskMaker X for OS X: DiskMaker X is a new application for OS X that permits to create bootable drives from OS X installer application. It is a very cool app if you want to reinstall your OS system in a different Mac and specially interesting if you have a poor Internet connection or network bandwidth limited.
This post contains information to Download and Use DiskMaker X step by step. The direct download links for a couple of versions are at the end of the post.
- DiskMaker X will requetd for OS version for boot disk
- If DiskMaker X finds a copy of installer it will ask you if you want to use that to to pick another copy
- Then you will be prompted to select if you want to use an 8GB USB drive or another kind of drive
- The next step: choose the disk to use (all information will be erased)
- A new message will warn for complete delete of the disk content. If you agree just select: “Erase then create the disk“
- You’ll need Admin privileges to continue
- After inserting Admin user & pass DiskMaker will start copying files ..
- If all goes fine, you’ll see a message like this:
If you like the app, make a donation.
Download DiskMaker X for OS X
- Download DiskMaker X v 5 beta 5
- Download DiskMaker v 3.04 (recommended for Mavericks)
- Download DiskMaker v 2.0.2 (recommended for )
- Download DiskMaker v 1.7 (recommended for 4GB disk with Lion)
Requirements (to build an OS X bootable disk): 8GB bootable disk