For most people, Spotify is the best experience to listen music from mobile. If you are a big Spotify fan and you have Spotify app installed on your iDevice, so you probably had already noticed that you can’t download any music form Spotify app for iOS. In this post we are describing a method to download music from Spotify on iOS 8 – 8.2 Beta 2 (it will also work on most recent versions as soon as new jailbreak is released) on any iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
What we will do is to install a Cydia app that will add a button on Spotify to directly download any music.
After moving forward, please make sure you have your device jailbroken, and you have Cydia installed. If you have, check the steps to have the “magic download button” on Spotify App.
How to download music from Spotify on iOS 8 (on any iPhone, iPad or iPod)
- Step 1: You may have Spotify installed, if you don’t, go to Apple Store and search for “Spotify”, or go here: Spotify iTunes.
- Step 2: Add “repo.hackyouriphone.org” repo to your cydia sources. To do that, as usually: Open Cydia, Go to “Sources“, Tap Edit, Tap Add and type the repo and finish the process with “Add Source” button.
- Step 3: Tap on “Search Tab” on Cydia and then search for “Fetchify” and tap on it from the search results, tap “Install” to install Fetchify Cydia App on your iDevice.
- Step 4: After restart Springboard, Open Spotify, Sign In, and Search for any song you like. Tap on the button you may see in the right of the Song name, Scroll Down and guess what you find after “Go to Artist” link. Yeah, that’s right you have now the magic “+ Download” button that permits you to download any music you want from Spotify. After tapping on “+ Download” button ti will show the download progress status.
- Step 4: Go to the Spotify Menu Icon (top left) and you will see the “Downloads” that is also new after you’ve installed Fetchify. Tap on in and you will see all the music you have downloaded.
- Step 5: When you tap on a music you have downloaded, you will see the next options: Play (to play on Spotify), Import to Music (to import to your iDevice music app), Share and Delete. If you tap on “Import to Music” you will be prompted to a form to type some information about the music and also add Art Work. After that you are done, the music you’ve downloaded will be available and playable from your Music App.
Conclusion: this is the perfect example to show what kind of amazing things you can do with a jailbroken device. That’s why it worths to jailbreak your iPhone or iPad.