Download TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X and Windows 7, 8, 10 (32 & 64 bit): First off all why do we need TinyUmbrella? TinyUmbrella handles SHSH signatures for iOS firmware restores enabling iTunes to continue a restore when without TinyUmbrella it would not be possible.
A SHSH blob (also known as “ECID SHSH”) is a piece of data of Apple’s Digital Signature for iOS Restores and Updates.This is the way Apple implemented to control what users can and cannot do regarding to updates and restores using iTunes.
TinyUmbrella is used for local iPhone iOS restores making it possible. How cool is that for those who like to downgrade / restore / jailbreak? Jailbreakers can install jailbreakable older versions that are not signed by Apple right now.
TinyUmbreall allow you to kick your iPhone into or out recovery mode and save your SHSH so that you can restore your firmware in the future. It also permits you to restore your device using saved SHSH (using TSS Server).
Download TinyUmbrella 220.127.116.11
Download TinyUmbrella for Mac OS X (Installer) here
Download TinyUmbrella for Windows 32 bit (Installer) here
Download TinyUmbrella for Windows 64 bit (Installer) here
How to use TinyUmbrella
Here we will describe how to save SHSH blobs on Mac and Windows.
1 – How to save SHSH blobs on Mac (using TinyUmbrella)
- Open TinyUmbrella application on your Mac
- Connect your device and close all pop-ups (like iTunes etc.)
- Make sure your device is connected (check top left connected devices drop-down list)
- Now click on the “Fetch OTA for … iPhone” button
- After the fetching process is done you can find SHSH blobs saved on mac on the following path / location: “~/.tu/.shsh“. You can access instantly to this path inputing from keyboard “⌘(Command) + Shift + G”.
2 – How to save SHSH blobs on Windows (using TinyUmbrella)
Is very simple to use TinyUmbrella, you just need to select your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, iPod and Apple TV) on the left, save SHSH on the button “Save SHSH” and in the “General” tab you have all saved SHSH. To restore you just need to click on the “Start TSS Server” button.
Fixing TinyUmbrella Errors
#1 – Error 255 (console.app crash for MAC)
If you are facing this error (only for MAC users), open an terminal – ⌘(Command) + Space > type “Terminal” > “Enter”;
In the terminal run the next commands:
- $ sudo chmod -R u+rw ~
- $ sudo chown -R $USER ~
After running the commands, reinstall TinyUmbrella.
- added some known fixes – 15.8.19
- added some directions to save SHSH blobs on Mac OS X – 15.8.20