Jailbreak iOS 8.3: Finally an official jailbreak for iOS 8.3 (iOS 8.1.3 – iOS 8.3) was released. TaiG team updated their Twitter Status a couple of hours ago announcing Untether TaiG Jailbreak Tool for iOS 8.3 release. In this post, you can learn about:
- Taig Jailbreak Tool v2.0 direct download links
- Taig 8.2 supported devices list
- A full tutorial to jailbreak your iOS 8.3 device using TaiG 2.0 without errors
Download TaiG v2.0
TaiG v2.0 is only available for Windows, so if you don’t have a Windows PC you can run a virtual machine from Mac (or ask to a friend) to jailbreak your iOS 8.3 device.
Download TaiG 2.0 (for Windows): here
Taig 2.0 iOS 8.3 Jailbreak supported devices:
- The iPhones: iPhone 4S, iPhone 5c, 5S, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- The iPads: iPad Mini 3, Air 2,3
- The iPods: iPod 5
Pre-Jailbreak iOs 8.3 Steps
Make sure you follow the next instructions to jailbreak your device with any error on TaiG Tool on 20% progress.
- Step 1: Open iTunes
- Step 2: Connect your iDevice using USB cable
- Step 3: Create a Backup of your device
- Step 4: Update to iOS 8.3
- Step 5: Restore your data from the backup
- Step 6: Disable any passcode / touchID. To do that, go to “Settings” > “Passcode” > and Disable Passcode
- Step 7: Disable “Find my iPhone/iPad/iPod” on iCloud. To do that go to “Settings” > “iCloud” > and Disable “Find my iPhone/iPad/iPod”
- Step 8: Download TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak Tool (see the link in the top of this post or here)
- Step 9: Important Step! Probably you have iTunes 13.2 or higher. Make sure you downgrade to iTunes 12.0.1, otherwise you will probably have an problem during TaiG process. This step is very important: go to “Control Panel” > “Programs” > uninstall everything related with iTunes or Apple
- Step 10: Go to “C:\Users\Your_Username\Music\iTunes” and rename the file iTunes Library” to “iTunes Library Back” install iTunes 12.0.1 > Reboot your computer
- Step 11: Install iTunes 12.0.1
- Step 12: Connect your device to your PC. You will get a warning on your device. “Trust This Computer” > click “Trust“
- Step 13: Make sure iTunes recognized successfully your device (iTunes will automatically pop up if everything is ok)
- Step 14: Run TaiG 2.0 Tool (you need to righ-click on the TaiG 2.0 icon and select “Run as administrator”)
- Step 15: Wait a while until your device is connected. Make sure you have at least “Cydia 1.1.16” or higher selected an continue.
- Step 16: Be patient.. Your device will be jailbroken in some minutes. Your device will reboot automatically at least one time.
- Step 17: When TaiG finishes, exit from iTunes and disconnect your device from your Computer. Cydia will then take some time for preparing the Filesystem. After that (you will be notified with “Return to Cydia” button), go to Home Screen and open Cydia.
- If you get “Storage Almost Full”, try running Cydia for a quick fix.